Case Worker- Kinship Care
- Melton & Werribee
- Full time - 2 Positions
The key components to the Western Aboriginal Kinship Care Program are:
- Information and Advice Service which provides information to Kinship carers and takes any inquiries about kinship care.
- Family Services, which is a short 10-40 hours' intervention with families who may or may not be involved with child protection.
- As part of the Family Services component, Aboriginal agencies have the Cultural Connections Service which provides cultural support and connection to non-Aboriginal or Aboriginal carers and children in their care.
- Placement Establishment Service which works with child protection clients when they are first placed with relatives or friends. The Service can work with a family for up to 9 months.
- Case Contracted Service which involves VACCA assuming full case management of children on protective orders and who is placed long-term with their extended families.
The Victorian Aboriginal Child Care Agency (VACCA) is the largest organisation of its kind in Australia. VACCA is an Aboriginal community-controlled organisation that supports and advocates for the Aboriginal community. Our strength lies with our people. Our team is committed to the organisation's vision and values; advocates for our children and other vulnerable community members; and shows respect for, observance and compliance with Aboriginal cultural protocols, practice and ceremony. Our Aboriginality is what distinguishes us from mainstream services and what enables us to deliver the positive outcomes we achieve for our people.
To be considered for this role you must demonstrate
- Commitment to VACCA's vision and purpose.
- Awareness and appreciation of Aboriginal societies and cultures and an understanding of the issues affecting Aboriginal people in contemporary Australia and the diversity of circumstances of Aboriginal people
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal culture
- Ability to engage and relate to children and families who are traumatised and have suffered loss and grief.
- Demonstrated knowledge and practice experience in the child welfare field.
- Ability to provide case management services to clients and to undertake assessments of carers.
- Excellent oral and written skills, with the ability to write reports, including Incident Reports and Court Reports.
- Strong computer skills with ability to learn the CRIS and CRISSP client data systems.
- Ability to advocate for Aboriginal children and to work co-operatively with child protection workers, school personnel, counsellors and other service providers.
Application Deadline- Sunday 8th March 2020
- For more information regarding your exciting future with VACCA, please contact Ankita Das Gupta, Recruitment Advisor on 9287 8800
- For a copy of the position description and to apply for this position, click here https://vacca.recruitmenthub.com.au/Vacancies/
Applications must include:
- A cover letter outlining why you are applying for this position
- A resume with your skills, experience and qualifications
- Written responses to the key selection criteria
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply