Integrated Family Services Senior Caseworker
- Full Time
- $71,012.24 - $80,607.80
The Victorian Aboriginal Child Care Agency (VACCA) is the largest organisation of its kind in Australia. VACCA is an Aboriginal community-controlled organiwation that supports and advocates for the Aboriginal community. Our strength lies with our people. Our team is committed to the organisation's vision and values; advocates for our children and other vulnerable community members; and shows respect for, observance and compliance with Aboriginal cultural protocols, practice and ceremony. Our Aboriginality is what distinguishes us from mainstream services and what enables us to deliver the positive outcomes we achieve for our people.
The Integrated family services senior case worker will work within the integrated family services team to support Aboriginal people and their families who are referred to the family services program via Orange Door, self and/or community agencies. The Integrated family services case worker will work closely with the client, key partners and stakeholders, to provide an integrated response to provide a family support service to Aboriginal children and families to address the identified support needs of the children and families. This support includes providing an outreach response to families, parenting support, advocacy, referrals and support, emergency relief assistance, education, coordination of services, referrals to other services such as housing and/or other specialist supports. The caseworker will support the client to address concerns raised to support the best interest of the child/ren.
To be considered for this role you must demonstrate:
- Commitment to VACCA's vision and purpose.
- Awareness and appreciation of Aboriginal societies and cultures and an understanding of the issues affecting Aboriginal people in contemporary Australia and the diversity of circumstances of Aboriginal people
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal culture
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills and the ability to prepare reports.
- A proven ability to work as part of a team.
- A willingness to participate in training programs and in supervision.
How to apply
- For more information regarding your exciting future with VACCA, please contact Ankita Das Gupta on 9287 8800
- For a copy of the position description and to apply for this position, click here www.vacca.recruitmenthub.com.au
Application deadline is Sunday 1st March 2020
Applications must include:
- A cover letter outlining why you are applying for this position
- A resume with your skills, experience and qualifications
- Written responses to the key selection criteria,
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply