Senior Advisor - Aboriginal Cultural Planning
- Full time
- Chirnside Park
- $64,593- $74,458
The Victorian Aboriginal Child Care Agency (VACCA) is the largest organisation of its kind in Australia. VACCA is an Aboriginal community-controlled organisation that supports and advocates for the Aboriginal community. Our strength lies with our people. Our team is committed to the organisation's vision and values; advocates for our children and other vulnerable community members; and shows respect for, observance and compliance with Aboriginal cultural protocols, practice and ceremony. Our Aboriginality is what distinguishes us from mainstream services and what enables us to deliver the positive outcomes we achieve for our people.
The Senior Advisor - Aboriginal Cultural Planning is a senior practitioner responsible for supporting the development, endorsement, implementation, and review of cultural plans for vulnerable Aboriginal children and young people living in out-of-home care. Senior Advisors support the development of cultural plans by care teams, assessing and providing support where needed, and recommend cultural plans are endorsed by the Chief Executive Officer. This includes reviewing cultural plans and working with care teams to ensure they are of a suitable standard and address the cultural needs of vulnerable Aboriginal children and young people.
To be successful you must demonstrate:
- Commitment to VACCA's vision and purpose.
- Awareness and appreciation of Aboriginal societies and cultures and an understanding of the issues affecting Aboriginal people in contemporary Australia and the diversity of circumstances of Aboriginal people
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal culture
- Expert knowledge of the unique history and current circumstances of Aboriginal children, families and community and ability to apply this to Child Protection cultural planning.
- Self-management: invites feedback on own behaviour and impact; uses new knowledge or information about self to build a broader understanding of own behaviour and the impact it has on others; understands strong emotional reactions and seeks ways to more effectively manage them.
- Teamwork: Cooperates and works well with others in the pursuit of team goals. Collaborates and shares information. Shows consideration, concern and respect for others' feelings and ideas. Accommodates and works well with the different working styles of others. Encourages resolution of conflict within group.
- Integrity: Committed to Aboriginal communities. Operates in a manner that is consistent with VACCA code of conduct. Inspires trust by treating all individuals fairly.
This is an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander designated position, classified under Section 12 Special Measures of the Equal Opportunity Act 2010. This employment opportunity is only available to Aboriginal and people
Applications close by Wednesday 26 February, 2020
For more information regarding your exciting future with VACCA, please contact Bavi Rai, on 9287 8835
For a copy of the position description and to apply for this position, click here https://vacca.recruitmenthub.com.au/Vacancies/
Applications must include:
- A cover letter outlining why you are applying for this position
- A resume with your skills, experience and qualifications
- Written responses to the key selection criteria
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply